If you want to learn Web Development or programming in general, the platform I recommend is educative.io:
I dislike video courses - they're slow to learn from and surprisingly few people have good video editing skills (I recently purchased a course for 3,000$ and they haven't even edited their Ah's and Uhm's).
I've been extremely impressed by the quality of the Educative platform:
- It has a huge variety of high-quality courses, ranging from small project-based tutorials to complete courses on everything you need to know in Web Development.
- They have advanced-level courses (a rare-find online).
- The level of detail of explanations in the courses I've checked is top-notch 👌
- They have special tracks to prepare for coding interviews.
- I loved their feature of personalized paths that recommends courses to you based on what you want to learn and how much time you can dedicate. It saves a lot of time that would be wasted trying to find the course you need.
- They let you assess yourself through quizzes and give out certificates after completion (not sure what they're worth, but it's still nice).
The course closest to this format I know is Josh W Comeau's "The Joy of React". While Josh's course is great, it costs a couple of hundred bucks, and it only covers React.
The educative.io courses cover everything from backend to frontend, Python to React, and only for around 20$ a month. Also, they have a 7-day free trial for you to figure out if that's the format you enjoy, so it's risk-free.
Give it a shot 👇
And if you're still on the fence about it, feel free to check out some reviews of the platform (hint: they're great).
I've partnered with educative.io for my blog, so I'll get a small cut when you join.